Content Type text/xml charset=utf-8 was not supported by service

I was trying to consume a WCF service from SharePoint web part. Basically I got this error “Content Type text/xml charset=utf-8 was not supported by service. The client and server bindings may be mismatched”. After a bit of analysis, I’ve realized that the three was mismatch in the Binding type specified in the service and client configuration.  At the service-level, I had configured WSHttpBinding and at the client it was configured as BasicHttpBinding. I’ve fixed this issue by making sure that the bindings match at both the client and server.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.