Here are some important Q&A’s around AzureWebjobs.
1. What is WebJobs in Azure?
The WebJobs in Azure enables us to run programs or scripts in Azure web sites in one of the following 3 ways :-
2. What are the acceptable file types for Scripts to create WebJobs?
It supports the set of file types creating using the following technologies:-
3. Where are WebJobs deployed?
WebJobs are deployed as a part of web site or ftp-ed into a specific directory. Once the WebJobs is deployed to the Azure web site, it gives an extra dashboard which details out the job execution history.
4. How to set up a WebJobs?
First you need to create an Azure web site for setting up the WebJobs. Click WebJobs (preview) at the top and click Add at the bottom. Then zip the contents of job folders and project and upload it.
5. What is the significance of Azure scheduler in the context of WebJobs?
To schedule a WebJobs, we need to have Azure scheduler enabled.
6. What is the cost for running WebJobs?
As of now, three is no additional cost for using Azure WebJobs unless AlwaysOn feature is turned on.
7. What is the maximum allowed file size for content (.zip files) submitted to WebJobs?
The maximum allowed file size for the content (.zip files) submitted to WebJobs is 100 MB. The .zip file should contain the executables (in any one of the formats like .exe, .cmd, .bat, .sh, .php, .py and .js).